Official Contest Rules
- The Lost Beaches Travel Company is conducting the Head Stuck In Summer! travel contest between the dates of January 8th 2016 and April 1st 2016. Eligible entries will be received during this time.
- The winner will be chosen at random from the list of eligible entries on March 22nd 2016. There will be one (1) grand prize winner and two (2) guests chosen by the grand prize winner, for a total of three (3) travellers. That winner will be informed within seven (7) days and instructed on the process and timeline for selecting their travel companions and departure date.
- The Get Lost In Paradise! contest includes ONLY the ground-portion component of the Lost Beaches Travel Company 26-Day: The Best of Thailand travel tour. Information regarding the 26-Day travel tour, as currently designed, is available on the Lost Beaches Travel website. (www.LostBeachesTravel.com)
- Lost Beaches Travel Company is not responsible for the the cost of airfare to and from Thailand as a component of this contest. The winner and their chosen travel companions are responsible for organizing their flight arrangements, unless they choose to contract Lost Beaches Travel Company to do so on their behalf, subject to the rules and fees related to said contract.
- The Get Lost In Paradise! contest is unfortunately not available to residents of the Province of Québec.
- All entrants acknowledge that by entering the Get Lost In Paradise! contest they will automatically be added to the Lost Beaches Travel Company mailing list. All entrants can voluntarily remove themselves from the mailing list in the future.
Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions applies to the Get Lost In Paradise! contest, henceforth referred to as ‘The Contest’, being offered by Lost Beaches Travel Company, a registered federal corporation of Canada.
- CONTEST PERIODS: The Contest commences at 12:00:00 AM (ET) on January 8th, 2016 and will end at 11:59:59 AM (ET) on April 1st, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on April 1st, 2016 (the “Contest Closing Date”). A day (a “Day”) is defined as each Day during the Contest Period starting at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ending at 11:59:59 PM (ET). The Contest computer system (the “Contest computer”) is used to govern all computer and time-related aspects of the Contest and, among other things, is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the Contest an individual herein defined as an “entrant” must: (a) be a legal resident of Canada, excluding the Province of Québec; (b) be located in Canada, excluding the Province of Québec; (c) be of the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry; (d) have and use only one (1) valid email address to participate in the Contest. Employees, representatives, agents, officers, and directors (and immediate family members and members of the same household of such persons, including common law spouses and persons with whom such persons are domiciled) of Lost beaches Travel Company, and advertising or promotional agencies and suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest are not eligible to enter the Contest. For these Official Rules, “immediate family” means mother, father, sister, brother, son, daughter and spouse, including common law spouse, regardless of where they reside. The decisions of Sponsor and/or independent contest judging organization are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the Prizes. Groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial and non-commercial entities (other than individuals) cannot participate with the Contest. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: Entrants can participate in this Contest two ways:
- To enter for the Grand Prize, entrants will be required to visit https://www.lostbeachestravel.com/contests2014/ follow the prompts within the competition entry page, input the requested details including full name, email address, date of birth, and preference query. Each unique email address provides the entrant with one (1) entry into the contest.
- Or, visit a Lost Beaches Travel promotional location or offering, and complete the necessary ballot form, including full name, email address, city, province, postal code, phone, mobile number and skill testing question.
- LIMIT OF NUMBER OF ENTRIES: A person may only use one (1) first and last name and one (1) email address to participate in the Contest. Any person who is found to have entered the Contest with more than one (1) first and last name, and email address file will be disqualified and all such entries received from such person during the Contest Period will be disqualified and no Prize will be awarded to such person. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures etc.) or attempted transmission or of submission or of attempted submission of any communication, does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by the Contest Computers. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete entries, which will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned
- PRIZES: There will be a one (1) Grand Prize as described below (the “Grand Prize”) and three (3) Secondary Prizes (each a “Secondary Prize”) as described below.
- GRAND PRIZE: There will be one Grand Prize available to be won during the Contest Period. Each Grand Prize consists of the ground-portion component of the Lost Beaches Travel Company 23-Day: The Best of Thailand travel tour. The prize includes the stated ground-portion component for three people. One (1) winner is chosen and is then responsible for choosing the two (2) remaining travellers. The approximate retail value of each individual Grand Prize is $6600.00CDN. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during Promotion period. The Grand Prize winner and their two (2) guests will receive the tour components as outlined by, and subject to, the 23-Day travel tour itinerary as dictated by Lost Beaches Travel Company.
- Spending money, additional meals not cited as a component of the , passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, travel insurance, items of a personal nature, in-room charges, all other ancillary costs not specifically mentioned as part of the Grand Prize are not included and the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winners and their guests.
- The Sponsor is not responsible in the event the Grand Prize winners and/or travel companion are refused boarding on the aircraft for whatever reason and any unused portion of the prize will be forfeit.
- All excursions, group activities throughout the trip are subject to the event venue terms and conditions, including any applicable age restriction. The Promoter and event organizers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or his/her companion) for any inappropriate behavior, including but not limited to intoxication, while participating in any element of the prize.
- Excursions are physical in nature; it is not the sponsor’s responsibility if Grand Prize winners & guests push beyond their own personal tolerance of physical activity. It is imperative the Grand Prize winners and guest are in good health prior to departure and physically inclined.
- Itinerary to be determined by the Sponsor in its absolute discretion.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Upon receipt of the signed Form as defined in Rule 8 below, the Grand Prize winners will be required to accept delivery of Grand Prize within five months of being awarded, no later than August 23rd 2014, unless otherwise stated by the Sponsor. The Sponsor makes no express or implied warranties or conditions of any kind with respect to the Grand Prize.
- SECONDARY PRIZES: A total of three (3) Secondary Prizes are available to be won each consisting of discounted pricing for set travel departure (ARV $1500 CDN). Odds of winning a Secondary Prize are dependent on the total number of eligible entries submitted each day of the promotion. Secondary Prizes will decrease as won. Limit one (1) Secondary Prize per person.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not for resale or convertible to cash. The prize may be deemed transferable at the discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that any Prize or any component of a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute a similar Prize or component of equal or greater value without liability.
- DRAWS: There will be four (4) random draws conducted on or around February 27th 2016, March 6th 2016, March 13th 2016, and March 22nd, 2016 (the “Draw Date(s)”) Ontario. Each selected entrant will be contacted by e-mail at the email address which the selected entrant entered on his/her registration form within seven (7) business days from the Draw Date(s). If any selected entrant does not reply to the notification, or if the email is returned as undeliverable or can’t be reached within the seven (7) business days, his/her entry will be disqualified without any liability to the Sponsor, and another entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries and the process above will be repeated until such time as contact is made with a selected entrant or until there are no more eligible entries. Each selected entrant must complete and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability and Publicity Release Form as defined in Rule 8. In the event that a selected entrant incorrectly answers the mathematical skill-testing question required upon notification of winning, or does not return a completed Form within the indicated time frame, or if any email is returned as undeliverable or the selected entrant does not respond to our notification, he/she will be disqualified without any liability to the Sponsor and another entrant will be randomly selected and the above process will be repeated.
- RELEASE FORM & AWARDING OF SECONDARY PRIZES: For the Grand Prize, prior to being declared a winner and receiving the Prize, the selected entrant will be required to complete and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Compliance and Release of Liability and Publicity Release Form (the “Form”). By completing and returning the Form, and accepting the Prize, the winner confirms compliance with these Official Rules, acknowledges that the Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted or transferred, without the discretion of Lost Beaches Travel Company, and has no cash surrender value, releases the Sponsor, their affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest judging organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and the awarding and use of the Prize, and consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and province) voice, video, image and/or photographs, without further remuneration or notification, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to this Contest in any media whatsoever (including the internet) for perpetuity worldwide. Selected entrants agree to cooperate in any investigations by the Sponsor to confirm his/her eligibility and to help ensure that the use of such potential winner in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring the Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest or the Sponsor as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Form or the Prize will be forfeited. Upon receipt of the Form within the indicated time frame for the Grand Prize, the Sponsor or a designated agent will contact the winner within thirty (30) days of receipt of the Form to begin making the necessary arrangements for planning his/her Grand Prize. No correspondence will be entered into except with the winners. For secondary prizes, all eligible entrants will be awarded prizes once they have completed the following:
- Have correctly answered the mathematical skill testing question
- Eligible Secondary Prize winners will be contacted by an agent of the Promotion Sponsor to confirm their entry via email and the arrangement of prize logistics will begin at the discretion of Lost Beaches Travel Company. Should an entrant not respond within seven (7) business days to the initial contact or if the email is returned as undeliverable or can’t be reached within the seven (7) business days, his/her entry will be disqualified without any liability to the Sponsor, and another entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries and the process above will be repeated until such time as contact is made with a selected entrant or until there are no more eligible entries.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the independent contest organization and/or Sponsor, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules will be disqualified.
- If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an on-line entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided at the time of entry. An “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- GENERAL: The Sponsor and the independent contest organization do not assume any responsibility and are not responsible for: (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information; (ii) entries which fail to comply with the Official Rules; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by the awarded Prize or the Contest itself; (iv) any failure of the Website during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed, or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail; or on-line registration to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other electronic devices related to or resulting from downloading any material in the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest; or (v) any other matter whatsoever. Registration/Entry material/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, (i) the laws of the Province of Ontario and construed in accordance with the Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces and territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by a entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER BY SPONSOR OR THE PRIZE PROVIDER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY AS TO MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR INTENDED PURPOSE.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice and without any liability whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct the random draws from all previously eligible entries received by the date of cancellation. Sponsor has no obligation with respect to printing, distribution production or other errors. The Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations are owned by either Sponsor and/or their respective affiliates or authorized licensors. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted materials or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
© 2016 Lost Beaches Travel Company. All Rights Reserved.